Hey! Here are some photos of the site (before and after)! If you are ever in Ottawa’s Chinatown, check it out : )
Breakdown of what went into this:
33 hours on:
- research and planning
- creating pitch panels
- consultations with clients, the BIA. and artist peers
- obtaining paint and supplies
42 hours on:
Total: 75 hours
Phew! What a learning experience! Here are my maybe-very-obvious tips:
- Stay hydrated!
- Make sure to purchase extra primer, it takes more than you think!
- Rags are your best friend
- Wear a sunhat and sunglasses. Staring at bright paint/white paint with the sun directly on it is not pleasant. yup.
- Always step away from your work during your paint process to see how it looks from a distance.
- Carry business cards with you (which I didn’t) because people will approach you for work (if that interests you)
Aaaand that’s all I can think of right now. 😛