Hello everyone! As some of you may know, I have been hosting free virtual Art Journaling lessons each Sunday (for the last 3 weeks). It’s been lovely to stay creatively engaged in this no-stress environment. And I’ve decided to plan a special installment for our next lesson!
The topic: No Sew/No Glue Book Binding & Decorative Paper Painting!
A fun and easy way to make a journal. This could be a gift for someone special or just as a gift for yourself! As usual, participants can follow along, adapt the lesson, or do their own thing. This is meant to be a family friendly-no pressure-fun way to make art together, while following social distancing. I am offering this class for FREE!
To register, visit the link below or the teaching section of my website.
Sunday, May 10, 2020
10 am – 12 pm EST
Course Fee: FREE! But you must register to get your zoom link and password to our session.
If you are interested in following along, this is what you need:
Minimum materials to make the book:
– At least 6 pieces of rectangular format paper. It can be any kind you like/have – as long as they are the same size and are not too thick. Having extra pages is recommended for experimentation. I will be demonstrating with letter size plain paper.
– Scissors, pencil, ruler, or a strip of paper to make markings on
Materials for decorative papers:
– Square headed paint brush for watercolour or acrylic paint
– Watercolour or acrylic paints (or markers or watercolor pencils/crayons)
– Container for water, paper towel or rag, paint palette
– Spare/scrap paper
Optional materials: Ruler, X-acto or utility knife (with cutting board or scrap cardboard to cut on), tape or glue, ribbon (this is just for presentation purposes)
*Due to the nature of this course, you need to register each week to participate. Follow my Website, Facebook, or Instagram feed for the each week’s registration link. The above link only works for the May 10th lesson.